Coconut Feni

Project Profile
  • Fenny or Feni is a Goan liquor  made from either coconut or the juice of the cashew apple.
  • Coconut feni – it is prepared with the help of toddy plant’s juice. Around 65% of coconut feni is made in South Goa and the  remaining 35% in North Goa.
  • Fenny is classified as a 'country liquor', and therefore not sold outside the State of Goa in India.
  • The bulk of the fenny produced is sold unlabeled to retailers and home consumers. Some of it is also purchased by bottlers, 
    who have developed their own brands.
  • A few popular varieties of fenny drink include “Cashyo”, “Big Boss”, and “Reals”. Unique and distinct smell and wonderful aroma are the basic features of good quality feni.
  • Juice is extracted from coconut taddy and it is fermented till formation of
    a film floating over the juice. Time required for fermentation is 65-70 hours. Around 70 ltrs. of arrack is distilled from 100 ltrs. of fermented juice. Arrack and fermented juice are distilled in the ratio of 1:2 to obtain Feni.
  • To obtain one ltr. of Feni around 30 kgs. of cashew
    apples or coconut taddy is needed.
  • High-grade fenny is 42% alcohol by volume. There are known to exist around 4,000 such traditional mini-distilleries or stills in Goa that manufacture cashew fenny and about 2,200 manufacturing coconut fenny. About 65% Of the stills making coconut fenny are in South Goa.
  • Coconut Feni Information
  • Feni Basic Information
  • Traditional Toddy tapping
  • Feni General Information


  • Coconut Feni process
  • Feni Preparation
  • Feni process and preparation
  • Process of  Coconut Sap or Toddy

Raw Material Supplier

  • Coconut toddy Supplier
  • Jaggery Supplier
  • Yeast Supplier

Equipment Supplier

  • Distillation still  Supplier
  • Wooden Fermentation Tanks supplier
  • Fruit-mill Supplier
  • Supplier for fruit mill
  • Hydraulic Press Supplier
  • SS Juice Storage Tanks Supplier
  • HDPE Barrels Supplier
  • Bottle Washing & Filling Machines Supplier
  • Cap-sealing Machines Supplier
  • SS Juice Pump Supplier
  • Mini Boiler Supplier
  • Tubular Heat Exchanger Supplier
  • Weighing scales Supplier
  • Lab instruments Supplier
  • Plastic tubs/buckets Supplier


  • Effect of exposure to a country liquor (Toddy)
  • Effect of Toddy on carbohydrate metabolism in pregnant rats
  • Effect of in utero exposure of Toddy
  • Effect of food on attrsctants on coconut palm
  • Biochemical activity of selenium and glutathione on country made liquor
  • Validating Alcohol Use Among Male Drinkers in Goa


  • Coconut Feni Production


  • Case Study of Feni
  • Toddy processing
  • Control of enhancement of the ethanol yield in coconut toddy
  • Isolation  of the genera Acetobacter and Gluconobacter in coconut toddy
  • Control of sulphide formation in coconut toddy
  • Coconut Feni -  method
  • Nutritive Value of Coconut Toddy
  • Fenny And types
  • Other spirits in Feni
  • Toddy - Indian local alcoholic drink

Market Scenario

  • Coconut Feni Art
  • Survey of the Feni Industry
  • Indian Farmers - Report
  • About Liquors and feni
  • Coconut Toddy
  • Coconut Toddy CDB Tender
  • Goa Today with Feni
  • Coconut feni - Liquor
  • Feni and Arak (arrack)
  • Feni is finally Goan
  • Goa's feni - geographical indication status
  • Feni fights to regain turf in goa
  • Coconut feni losing ground to wines, beer
  • Coconut and Cashew Feni
  • Sequential coconut toddy and nut production in hybrid coconuts


  • Coconut Toddy Supplier
  • Supplier for Country liquor
  • Manufacturers of Coconut Feni
  • Country Liquor Supplier
  • Coconut liquor Supplier